Thursday, May 25, 2006

Welcome to my blather

I guess I should start by telling a little about myself. I'm in the mental health field. This would normally mean that I tend to lean to the left politically as most mental health people tend to be that way. Well, I'm not. I'm more libertarian than anything else. I'm a small government kind of guy. Generally I don't like talking about politics, as it just gets people upset, but there are things going on politically all the time that just seem so dumb that I'm sure that I'll have to post on them.

Over the years I've developed a number of outdoor hobbies, most of which I'm only moderately good at. I enjoy shooting, hunting, hiking, scuba diving, etc. I'm sure I'll post about these topics as well. I'm sure I'll have a number of posts about gun owner rights issues.

Most of the time I'm probably going to post about my observations of people in general, be in people I've met, stuff I see on TV, or read about. I've been accused of having some strange theories about the world, and I guess this is going to be my place to let them out. Normally I keep most of this stuff to myself, but as they say, everyone's got an opinion. And I guess a blog is as perfect of a place as any for each of us to spread these crazy ideas around :)

Anyway. If you read something you like, agree with, or disagree with, let me know what you think. I'm not the best of writers, so perhaps doing this blog will help me practice in that area. We'll see.

No comments: